Monday, July 19, 2010

Meet A Kid

Meet A Kid is a ongoing feature that profiles a citizen of Goat Island in each edition.

Name –Emmanuel Mendez

Born –1968 (Age 42)

Occupation –Sheriff of Goat Island. 

About Me – "I moved to Goat Island 12 years ago and became Sheriff in 2002. Before moving to the Island I worked for the Victoria and Rockport Police Departments. I’m married and have
two sons, age 13 and 11. I love serving the residents of our Island, along with the thousands of tourists who visit us. I've got a great life!"

Why I Love Goat Island –"Even with all the tourists coming and going this is still a very relaxing place to live, and I’ve got one of the most stressful jobs on the island! I think it’s a great place for my sons to grow up. We have a small town feel here, but you can learn a lot about the world from the people who visit and live here. Our citizens here are great. Eccentric and independent, but very good people."

Hobbies – "Anything that involves the water! Sailing, fishing, and scuba diving. My love for the water is a big reason I moved to Goat Island. Enjoying the water and my family take up most of my free time, but I also find a little time for reading."

No comments:

Post a Comment